Opening this link will take you out of this Research Guide and into the Videatives database. You will need to use the back arrow in order to return to this guide.
Use video clips to observe child development principles in real life situations.
"Videatives make general principles of child development and early education come to life. Students learn to "see what children know", not through testing, but through careful observation. Teachers have higher-level conversations with children. Help children reflect on their actions and offer them better support for their thinking".
Predefined searches include subject, age or tags.
To link to the entire collection:
To locate the link URL to a particular clip or clips:
How to Link to the Videatives Collection in Blackboard
1. Open BlackBoard and go to the Content Area where you want to place the link
2. In the Build Content dropdown click on "Web Link"
3. Give the Link a name - typically the title of the video
4. Paste the url in the url text box and be sure that the proxy prefix http://ezproxyles.flo.org/login?url= has been added. (see Finding Library URLs below)
5. If you want to you may add information about it in the Descriptions box
6. In Options click both "Permit Users to View Content" and "Open in New Window"
7. Click "Submit"
Sherrill Library | Lesley University, Brattle Campus | 89 Brattle Street - Cambridge, MA 02138 | 617-349-8850
John & Carol Moriarty Library | Lesley University, Porter Campus | 1801 Massachusetts Avenue - Cambridge, MA 02140 | 617-349-8070