CLICK ON THE ICON ABOVE TO ACCESS THE ENTIRE COLLECTION. Opening this link will take you out of this Subject Guide and into the HistoryMakers database. You will need to use the back arrow in order to return to this guide.
This database consist of over one hundred thousand stories from life oral history interviews with thousands of historically significant African Americans.
Search existing tags for a small subset of interviews. Tags such as Black Community Life, Personal Identity, Personal Values etc. will help narrow your search.
Search the Maker Directory for an alphabetical directory of the names of the people interviewed. You may also filter your search results by category, gender, decade of birth as well as job type.
To create a link:
1. Open BlackBoard and go to the Content Area where you want to place the link 2. In the Build Content dropdown click on "Web Link"
3. Give the Link a name - typically the title of the video
4. Paste the url in the url text box and be sure that the proxy prefix http://ezproxyles.flo.org/login?url= has been added. (see Clips above for help in locating URL)
5. If you want to you may add information about it in the Descriptions box
6. In Options click both"Permit Users to View Content" and"Open in New Window"
7. Click "Submit"
Sherrill Library | Lesley University, Brattle Campus | 89 Brattle Street - Cambridge, MA 02138 | 617-349-8850
John & Carol Moriarty Library | Lesley University, Porter Campus | 1801 Massachusetts Avenue - Cambridge, MA 02140 | 617-349-8070