Some Questions and Some Answers!
- Who can borrow these devices?
These devices are only available to the LES, AIB and EDS communities only; they are not available to FLO, BTI, VC or through WorldCat.
- How long can I keep it?
The loan period is one week with no renewal for the devices at Sherrill Llbrary. At AIB Library, the SONY and iPad may be borrowed for 4 days.
- What if they’re already checked out?
Patrons should use the FLO Hold system to request the next available e-reader.
- You don’t have the book I want to read. Can you get it for me?
Users may request titles, but we reserve the right to make the final selection decisions. Ask at the Circulation Desk or fill out the comment form on this guide.
- Can I read ebrary books on these devices?
The iPad has a WiFi connection and a Safari web browser which allows you to access our ebrary holdings just as you would on any computer. The SONY eReader does not have web access, and you cannot download and read ebrary books on it.
- Can I add things to the device myself?
Users may download content and apps, but whatever is left on the device when it's returned is considered property of the library. In general, patrons should try to remove anything added to the device during the loan period. On return, Library staff will review anything added to the device. Some files left on the device when returned may be removed; other files or apps may be ignored if they don't interfere with operation of the device; they will be cleaned up periodically.
- What should I do when I return the device?
Please bring the device back to the Circulation Desk at the Library. Library staff will verify that the device and all accessories are returned in good working order.
- What happens if it’s late?
Fines $5.00 per day will be charged.
- What happens if I damage or lose something?
Patrons will be responsible for actual replacement costs for the device or any accessory or content lost or damaged.
Before you borrow an e-book reader, you will be asked to sign a User Agreement. These are the terms and conditions of the loan:
- I must report any device malfunctions and/or problems to Library staff immediately.
- I assume full financial responsibility for the borrowed device. Repair fees may be levied for damaged devices. Actual replacement costs will be charged for loss or irreparable damage to the device, the content and/or accessories. Taxes and shipping & handling charges may also be applied.
- I agree not to delete pre-existing content from the device.
- I will remove any content added during the borrowing period. Whatever content I have added during this period that is not removed will become the property of the Library, and I will not be reimbursed.
- I will return the equipment to the Circulation Desk of the Library. The device will be checked in by Library staff, and it will be confirmed that all the accessories have been returned and the device is in good working order. I will not return the device through the bookdrop.
Tell us what you want on the E-Reader!
Learn More About E-Books!
Want to borrow an E-Reader?
New at Sherrill Library and
Check them out here.