Built in 1965, Sherrill Library is located on the Brattle campus in a commanding, Brutalist building named for Henry Knox Sherrill, the twentieth presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church is a joint Library for Lesley University and Episcopal Divinity School. Sherrill Library houses over 140,000 print titles and many print journal subscriptions in addition to a growing list of electronic resources. The various collections in the Library are strong in all curricular areas, with an emphasis on education, expressive arts therapies, psychology, human services, management, environmental studies, religion, biblical studies, and Episcopal Church history. Lesley University and Episcopal Divinity School Archives, as well as the Ludcke Research Center, are also located on the premises.
The Library is a member of the Fenway Library Consortium (FLC), a cooperating group of 16 libraries which allow students and faculty access to one another's collections. We also participate in Fenway Libraries Online (FLO), which allows library users to check a union catalog of the holdings of 10 of these libraries.
Located on the Porter Campus in a repurposed church connected to the Lunder Arts Center, the Moriarty Library maintains and develops a focused collection that supports the fields of fine arts, art history, illustration, design, animation and photography. Along with a circulating book and DVD collection of over 12,000 items, the library also offers a targeted journal collection, exhibition catalogs and ephemera, and access to over one million high-quality downloadable digital images. It is part of the same consortium and maintains the same partnerships and affiliations as Sherrill Library.
Sherrill Library | Lesley University, Brattle Campus | 89 Brattle Street - Cambridge, MA 02138 | 617-349-8850
John & Carol Moriarty Library | Lesley University, Porter Campus | 1801 Massachusetts Avenue - Cambridge, MA 02140 | 617-349-8070
Google Analytics Usage