Featured Zine from Our Collection
Zine collection philosophy
Zines are an informal mode of self-expression well-suited to the philosophy of community-building at Lesley University and the Episcopal Divinity School. The Sherrill Library Zine Collection gathers the diverse ideas, experiences, interests, and personal histories of these communities and presents them as both a browsing collection and a collection that is preserved in the University Archives.
- Zine submission is open to any Lesley or EDS community member, including students, alumni, staff, and faculty.
- The author will submit a hardcopy of their zine(s). No electronic copies are accepted at this time.
- Each author must sign and submit a "Zine Submission Form": right-click on the form below and "save image as" to your computer.
Read About Zines & Zine-Making
We're so glad you're here!
Questions? Use the contact information to the right.
The Zine Collection is located in the lower-level
Paper MakerSpace of Sherrill Library.
Check out our supplies for zine-making and other paper-crafting projects!
How do I make a zine?
- DIY - How to Make a Zine; Paper, Scissors, Pen - Rockin! (Video Demonstration)
- Download a PDF of how to make this very zine, an eight page zine from a sheet of 11 x 17 paper. -- by Anne Elizabeth Moore.
- Or right-click on the images below and "save image as" for your own copy!
Zine Collection Contact
Library Assistant for Access Services
Are the zines accessible to the public?
Yes! There is a rotating selection of zines on the lower level of Sherrill Library.
The physical address is 89 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138.
We're not alone!
If you need some zine inspiration, or are looking for a fieldtrip destination, there are other zine libraries in the area that may be of interest to you!
The Papercut Zine Library, located at 10 Ward Street in Somerville, boasts a collection of over 15,000 zines on a wide range of topics.
If you're in the Fenway area, Simmons College, has a great collection too.
And for those willing to head to Western Mass., you'll be richly rewarded with these awesome zine libraries:
If you find yourself in NYC, stop by and check out Barnard College's renowned Zine Collection!