Before beginning more in-depth research, it's often helpful to get an overview of your topic through background research. This can help you develop a more effective research question and brainstorm better search terms.
- Your instructor understands your assignment and can provide advice about the topic and how to frame it.
- Credo Reference and other overview reference resources can help you develop your topic and identify key search terms. They contain short topic overviews and scholarly references.
- If there are journals related to the general area you are studying, look through recent tables of contents for ideas and background information on possible topics. You can browse Journals by subject.
- Get more ideas for reference books for background research by checking out Lesley Library's Subject Guide for your subject.
- Ask Us! We're available in person, via virtual chat, email, and phone.